Anyone who knows me, knows I HATE the word process… at least in my personal life. LOL
For business, it’s what I do – it’s how I think.
December 2021 was a big month for our family. We sold the townhouse that we bought 2 weeks before we got married and bought our forever home. What a process that was: I’ll just sum it up to say a good realtor is worth EVERY PENNY!!
As I was standing in our backyard at our townhouse, I was thinking about beginnings, endings and everything we have learned and done in the last 15 years in this home. So many changes: brought both of our babies home here. Started, and ended businesses here. Loved here, laughed here, cried here, mourned here.
I remember standing on the door of this home on May 1, 2007 with my fiancée so excited about our new home. Thinking about the journey we were about to embark on.
December 1, 2021, I “ended” my personal business and “started” a new business to include my husband Stephen. In reality he has been part of my business from day 1 but now it’s official.
I have had my business for a little over 2 years now. The beginning was terrifying but hopeful. I just wanted to help some of my fellow direct sales sisters with parties and groups. My, how it has grown.
The middle has been a period of growth. Now what have I learned? Here are a few things:
- Be true to yourself – if something does not feel right for your business then there is a good chance it’s not a good idea. Take it under advisement (I will speak to that in a minute) with a trusted friend because that challenge could very well be an area of growth for you.
- Have a sounding board – this does not have to be a large amount of people but definitely a few of them. People from different walks of life and perspective to help you balance things out.
- Have fun – wait… what? Work is supposed to be fun? Damn skippy!! If you are doing what you love and are confident with it, then do it!!
- Continue to learn – you don’t know everything – there I said it! Do you need to learn a new project management system? A new email campaign system? A way to set systems up (insert shameless plug – we can help with that!!). Then find some place to learn it (I am going to unselfishly plug The Virtual Savvy Vault for this. It’s my personal go to).
- Be confident – don’t let anyone tell you your worth! If you think your business is worth a certain amount, then set that amount. If you only have certain times of the day and week to serve your business, then keep that. Don’t let anyone tell you what you are worth!
What’s the end going to look like? I don’t know and I pray I don’t find out for a long time to come!